I can't believe my baby is one. My parents made us a DVD of Holden's birth video and pictures that we watched to celebrate his birthday. In some ways it feels like yesterday and in others it feels like ages ago. Holden was born 2 weeks and 2 days early on Jason's Birthday - July 25th. What a great birthday present! We had dropped off the kids at my parents so we could go to dinner for Jason's birthday. Dinner turned into an evening spent at the hospital giving birth to our little guy. At least my hair and make-up was done :) Holden was breach and as they were prepping for the c-section, his hear rate decelerated and they rushed me in for an emergency c-section. The surgeon found the cord wrapped around his neck twice. We are so grateful he made it to our family safely. I love this little guy so much. He has such a sweet spirit and I love to see his smile and kiss those baby cheeks. I can't wait to see his personality develop.
Here are 10 cute things about Holden at age one:
1. He has become quite the mama's boy and mostly just wants his mom. He can say ma, ma, ma and it is adorable. I am enjoying it while it lasts.
2. He still lets us cuddle him. Yummy...
3. He can pull himself up and balance for a second or two - but no walking yet.
4. He sleeps like a dream. In bed at 7PM, up at 8AM.
5. He still has those beautiful blue eyes. Watch out ladies.
6. He can clap, wave goodbye and sign "all done"
7. He grunts and stiffens his whole body when he gets excited.
8. He loves the water and has fun in the bathtub and pool.
9. He has transitioned from the bottle to 100% sippy cup. What a big boy.
10. He has 4 teeth and is in the process of cutting 4 more.
Look at all that beautiful hair. Holden had his first hair cut at 9 months. All our other kids have been bald until at least 18 months!
Happy Birthday Baby Boy. I sure do love you.



5 comments:
Happy Birthday to Jason & Holden!
I can't believe Holden is now one, time goes by way too quickly. I love Holden's big blue eyes and gorgeous hair.
What a sweetheart! He is beautiful!
Happy birthday! I totally remember Taylor at that age...she had the funniest scowl also. We loved to just tease her to so she would make that face!
He does have the cutest blue eyes! Happy birthday boys!
Post a Comment